Black jack casino game is one of the most popular and widespread casino entertainments ever. The game is played with cards and usually from 2 to 8 common decks are involved. In blackjack each card is associated with certain value and in order to win gamblers need to know how to count them properly.
The main alluring feature of black jack casino game, or 'twenty one', is that it is a game of skill, which means that the winning possibilities depend mainly on players' knowledge and their ability to apply them correctly.
Object of the game
The ultimate aim of blackjack is to beat the dealer's card combination, which means that they need to end the game with maximum value of cards without exceeding the critical upper limit of 21 points and hope that the dealer is provided with worse combination.
In other words, players do not care about other gamblers' results and should consider only their own set of cards as well as dealer's one.
General rules for black jack casino game
There are a lot of blackjack variations, such as Pontoon, Spanish 21 or Blackjack Switch, which offer their inherent features and specifics of game process, but some common blackjack rules that apply to all types of the game still exist.
The game begins when a dealer deals the cards: each player and the dealer himself or herself gets two cards. Players' initial two cards could be dealt face-up or face-down depending on the black jack casino game version while one of the dealer's cards is always unseen and is called the hole card.
The next step for players is to access the value of their card combination and decide which blackjack move they would undertake.
Each card has its own value, which is measured with the quantity of points:
- from 2's to 10's all cards are worth the same quantity of points as their rank is;
- Jacks, Queens and Kings are valued 10 points each;
- Aces could be worth 1 or 11 points depending on players' choice.
Regarding the value of their initial card combination gamblers choose among the following playing options:
- stand: remain the current cards and hope that it would be enough to beat the house;
- hit: get more cards in order to increase the total value of cards;
- double down: take another card and double the bet;
- split: in case of two equally ranked cards players could divide them into two hands and play them separately;
- surrender: in case players perceive they would not win in any circumstances and give up the game.
In order to make a right move players usually apply two main blackjack strategies.
- Basic blackjack strategy is considered as rather simple and is actually obligatory to know for each black jack casino game gambler in order to win. It is based on the principle that there are appropriate blackjack moves for each initial card combination.
- Card counting is rather sophisticated and demands that players figure out what the cards are left in the deck after some of them are dealt.